'Friday, Friday, gotta get down on...' SHUT UP Rebecca Black. Yes the weekend has arrived, and how nice of it to stop by, but don't you remember a time when the weekend meant hard core partying (possibly outdoor cans) and not a 15 year old singing about kickin' it in the front seat of her car? As we nibble on our crunchies (we're old school like that) we've taken some time to reflect on our favourite party movies over the last few decades. Here we present our definitive top 10:
10. Jackass. Tagline: Warning. Nutshell: "Johnny Knoxville and his band of maniacs perform a variety of stunts and gross-out gags on the big screen for the first time."
9. American Pie. Tagline: "There's something about your first piece." Nutshell: Four teenage boys enter a pact to lose their virginity by prom night."
8. Go. Tagline: "A weekend wasted is never a wasted weekend" Nutshell: "Go! tells the story of the events after a drug deal, told from three different points of view."
7. Dazed and Confused. Nutshell: "The adventures of incoming high school and junior high students on the last day of school, in May of 1976."
6. The Hangover. Tagline: "Some guys just can't handle Vegas." Nutshell: "A Las Vegas-set comedy centered around three groomsmen who lose their about-to-be-wed buddy during their drunken misadventures, then must retrace their steps in order to find him."
5. Superbad. Nutshell: "Two co-dependent high school seniors are forced to deal with separation anxiety after their plan to stage a booze-soaked party goes awry."
4. Project X. Tagline: "The Party You've Only Dreamed About" Nutshell: "3 high school seniors throw a birthday party to make a name for themselves. As the night progresses, things spiral out of control as word of the party spreads."
3. Hot Tub Time Machine. Tagline: "Kick some past." Nutshell: "A malfunctioning time machine at a ski resort takes a man back to 1986 with his two friends and nephew, where they must relive a fateful night and not change anything to make sure the nephew is born."
2. Old School. Tagline: "All the fun of college, none of the education." Nutshell: "Three men are disenchanted with life and try to recapture their college days."
1. Swingers. Tagline: "Get a nightlife." Nutshell: "Wannabe actors become regulars in the stylish neo-lounge scene; Trent teaches his friend Mike the unwritten rules of the scene."